AV or first past the post? Either way, there will be people like me who are just not concerned. Some of us think of politics and the phrase “be afraid, be very afraid” pops into our heads, or just a blankness. Having the AV / first past the post scenario pushed in through our front doors only makes the matter worse. We will shy away the more you try to force it on us. The question is, does AV count who doesn’t vote and leave empty spaces in parliament? That is real democracy. Really, a lot of us do not want to make uninformed choices and simultaneously can’t be bothered to become informed so we continue with our lives doing nothing, or perhaps making remarks such as, the government suck, or I’m a punk! To be honest, the days of the monarchy were easier. People aren’t ready for the responsibility of democracy. We end up with politicians elected by the only people who can be bothered to vote who are really not most of us. I want to see dictatorships back.
I would like to add a disclaimer - how does one do that?
ahem: you may have detected a touch of sarcasm here. No I do not want to see dictatorships back... also copyrighting stuff :) have a nice day
No comments:
Post a Comment